RM of Pense


Community Planning Branch of Government Relations (GR) is the approving authority for subdivision of land. The Planning Department reviews subdivision applications, which must be prepared by a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor, for bylaw and policy compliance. If the application complies with all requirements, Council can recommend to GR that the subdivision application be approved.


  1. Contact the R.M. to discuss the proposal
  2. Contact a Land Surveyor and request a “proposed plan survey”
  3. Upon Approval – register the new survey plan and request title 


 The R.M. Zoning Bylaw currently allows one subdivision per quarter section. The size of a farm residential subdivision is 2 acres to a maximum of 20 acres and a non-farm residential subdivision is 2 acres to a maximum of 10 acres.