RM of Pense


2024 is a general election year for Divisions 1, 3, 5 and Reeve. Call for nominations will be posted on September 24th.  The deadline for receiving nominations is 4:00 p.m. on nomination day, October 9, 2024. The period to withdraw nominations is 24 hours after the close of the nominations. The general election, if required, will be held on November 13, 2024. 

Who Is Eligible to Vote in a Rural Municipality?

In a Rural Municipality, to be eligible to vote in a municipal election, a voter must:

  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Be a Canadian Citizen  
  • Has resided in the RM for three consecutive months before election day; OR
  • Is the registered owner of property in the RM; OR
  • is the assessed person of perperty in the RM (or spouse); OR
  • is the occupant off a permitted trailer or mobile home in the RM (or spouse); OR
  • is the CEO of a duly-incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association assessed with respect to property in the RM

When Voting for Division Councillors, residents of the RM vote in the Division in which they reside, regardless of how many divisions they own land in. If you own assessed property in more than one Division, but do not live within the RM, you are eligible to vote in the division where you have the highest total of assessed land. Voters may only vote once in a municipality, but a person who is eligible to vote in more than one municipality may do so. (Landowners who own land in a personal name as well as corporation name can only vote once). 

For more information and requirements on identification, click the link below.  

Voting | Municipal Elections | Government of Saskatchewan


Running as a Candidate/Candidate Eligibility

A person is eligible to be nominated as a candidate in a municipal election and to hold office as a member of council if the person:

  • is at least 18 years old on the day of the election;
  • is a Canadian citizen at the time that he or she submits the nomination paper;
  • has resided in Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately preceding the date on which he or she submitted the nomination paper;
  • is not disqualified pursuant to The Local Government Election Act, 2015 or any other Act; and
  • is eligible to vote in the rural municipality.

No person is eligible to be nominated or elected as:
(a) a councillor for more than one division; or
(b) a councillor of a division and the reeve of the rural municipality.

To be nominated, a candidate must submit a completed Nomination Form, along with a completed Public Disclosure Statement to a nomination officer at the R.M. Office. Nomination forms must be signed by two eligible voters. For those running for Division Councillor, forms must be signed by two eligible voters of the Division in which the Candidate is seeking nomination. The candidate’s nomination paper must be duly completed, signed and witnessed prior to submission and must accompany the candidate’s signed acceptance along with a signed Public Disclosure Statement.

 For more information, click on the link below.

Running for Municipal Office | Municipal Elections | Government of Saskatchewan